Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

Happy Birthday Mom!


Sorry I'm not there to help you celebrate (we already did that remember).

It is a big one though.  You are 70 today.

Your birthday is beginning to scare me.

You are only 17 years ahead of me and when I was younger I thought that was pretty cool.

Now, it is a sign of how much older we are both getting.


I do look back and realize what an inspiration you have been.

We almost lost you 10 years ago, which makes this birthday even more significant.

Married young, did the best to raise your four kids (which all four have turned out pretty well, I think), lived through lots of adversity and in the end you have prevailed.

Nothing keeps you down and somehow you continue to put one foot in front of the other.

For that I am proud of you.

Love you.

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment